Saturday, September 22, 2012

Happy Birthday Petes!

Petes!




Heard you had a birthday yesterday! Happy Birthday. Don't quite remember just how old you are. I'm just going to keep thinking of you as 51. You were probably hoping to have your birthday squeak by. Hopefully HB's shock in August had nothing to do with that - I think it's safe to say that we all think of you younger than you are! It's not just me! Keep up all the hard work.

I think I go for the whole Miller clan when I say that Petes is probably the best example of someone being willing to give their time and talents to happy others. Thanks for your great example. I know I sure have benefited from your help - like when I broke your shelf in the fridge. I bet you have some fun stories of helping the NY Millers or Cartwrights move into their house. Moving is always an adventure. I don't think any couches had to go through windows. Thanks for helping me with your grill, and helping me carve our turkey last year. You're a good man for submitting yourself to cooking, cleaning, and the like. There are a lot of examples, those are just a few that make me laugh. We sure do love the sand box you made, and the fire pit sure was a hit! Even if my ankles got eaten my spiders. That was a great highlight.

We love you Petes! Now take a break from that Iron Man diet and go get yourself a turtle sundae!

2 comments:

Leanna Cartwright said...

love this birthday post! so great, heather!!! :) you are too funny.

happy birthday dad!! hope it was a great one.

Peter and Cindy said...

Thanks, Heather! You're sweet! Had a good birthday--mom took me to Stellas for an Uptown serving of fish! No turtle sundaes for now...gotta get beyond race day; don't want to drag too much extra around that course. Okay--time to go watch Russell Wilson whip on the Packers!